View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 09:08 AM

Newfie76 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
My ex was charged with fraud over 5000 but when it went to court the prosecutor dropped it. I was flabbergasted! I was told: "This is clearly a matter for family court - take this up with your divorce lawyer." Needless to say, after an intense 6-month investigation the police were not impressed with this outcome. Had I not been married to my partner the fraud charge would have proceeded and I would have been able to proceed to recoup my losses (from people he was hiding assets) through that process.

I disagree....if there was evidence of fraud....your ex would have been prosecuted. Not saying he did not fraud you...I am only saying there must have been no evidence. Prosecution will look at the entire case and decide on moving forward based on evidence, time in court (weeks/months/years), and chances of winning. Of course evidence would almost eliminate the other two.

Family court is not to decide if a spouse is awarded SS based on fraud or not. That's ridiculous. You were provided SS based on a 30 year marriage, your a woman, of which you most likely claimed that you took care of the household while your ex did not. Adding into the fact you were disadvantaged due to the relationship you had within the business. Even better if you claim your disabled and limited in your ability to do some things. cha ching... SS for you my dear. Cash for Life!! The big easy!!

Don't worry too much your indefinite ruling will hold. "until death due us part..." is the only thing the court refuses to remove from a canceled marriage contract.

Its surprising how this country, with its "great" Charter of Rights, thinks its ethical to in-debt a individual to a life time of slavery. And on top of that think its in the best interest of the children....disgusting.

Sorry Arabian.....you may think that your ss is payback....but its not. You got what every other woman got in your shoes. A lottery win.