View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 03:07 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunnelight View Post
which works better for a 8 year old?
It depends on the child/ren involved. Maturity level. How long they have been doing an EOW or week-about schedule. Generally, 8 year old should be fine with a week about schedule.

Quote:
If I am asking for 5-5-2-2 (defining the days) and stating, or in the further alternative, does that imply a different combination of days or that week about is also possible ?
Don't really understand what you are asking. See the link I provided above for a full description of 2-2-5-5 schedules.

Quote:
To the OCL I have also asked for 5-5-2-2 verbally but also put week about as an option in the forms.
Really what you are requesting is the consideration of a recommendation for "equal residency" with the child based on either a 2-2-5-5 schedule or a week about schedule. Both are 50-50 (equal). They are just different configurations of a 50-50 equal residency schedule.

Quote:
Having had week about arrangement this summer, I found child had time to be deprogrammed and adapt. With 5-5-2-2, just wondering if there wouldn't be enough time for child to be deprogrammed, adapt, and settle in.
Drop the "deprogramming" nonsense. 50-50 access schedules are near impossible to "alienate" (gack) a child on. In fact, they are one of the tools often recommended for reducing parental stupidity and strategic alignment of a child to one parent's views/opinions. You have to be a magician to "program" a child on a 50-50 access schedule.

The child isn't being "programmed" by the other parent. The other parent is just a bad and stupid parent maybe. Stop throwing around terms like that. You will only make your case a mess by doing so.

Quote:
Any thoughts? I was originally asking for every other weekend utter-nonsense but I have emended to 5-5-2-2. Do I need to further amend for week about alternative and advise OCL of same ? Or does the "or in the further alternative part imply other shared parenting schedules could work"
50-50 equal residency on a reasonable schedule is all you need to request. If they ask for a schedule pattern week about, 2-2-5-5 or 2-2-3-3. If the OCL doesn't know what "equal residency" is then you have a much larger problem on hand. You shouldn't have to explain these basic concepts to them.

Quote:
What is likeliness of OCL suggesting week about when you are only asking for 5-5-2-2?
As long as they recommend 50-50 equal residency what is the difference? Dollars and cents issue. So long as both parents are each investing 50cents worth of time to make an even dollar it doesn't matter if you count time with pennies, nickels, dimes or quarters does it?

Quote:
Current arrangement is every other weekend and mid-week visit utter-nonsense.
This is your more astronomical problem. Has there been a material change in circumstance that would allow for the change in residency schedule to even happen??