Thread: offer to settle
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 03:19 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

I have a question about an offer to settle but its more for people who have experience in one specific item.

Ex requested a laundry list of things not entitled to. CC was actually a dispute resolution conference that did nothing. There was some light as she accepted that she isn't entitled to a few things in her list.

My partner has a lawyer and he will draft it, he just told us to make a list of what my partner will agree to with the caveat that it has to be in line with what the court will order.

The sticking point? Therapy. My partner disagrees and lawyer said judges aren't averse to therapy but my partners argument that his ex subjects the kids to treatments they dont need is also an argument that is legit.

I ask this: she is asking for 50% of the cost, his section 7 % is 34. If this is the only sticking point between them, would a judge order it covered and would his refusal to contribute affects his ability to go for costs?

For instance, his list is 1-5 items. Counseling is not on there. Judge orders 1-5 items but adds his portion of counseling. Would costs be off the table?