View Single Post
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-13-2017, 01:56 PM
mcdreamy's Avatar
mcdreamy mcdreamy is offline
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,414
mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

If one parent has sole custody, and if there is no court order or agreement prohibiting same, they have the right to change the child’s surname. So I don’t believe your ex needs to ask for, or requires, your consent.

Is it her intent to hyphenize to a combination of your surname/her maiden name, to her maiden name only, or to her new partner’s surname?

I think you have a motion currently before the Court – does part of your motion ask for a prohibition on name change? It's a standard clause in most separation agreements.

You’ll be wanting to notify the Registrar General that you have a motion currently before the court, and, if you haven’t included a request for an order prohibiting name change, amend your motion to do so.
if you attack everyone involved, the common denominator is you. Attributed to OL
Reply With Quote