View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 07:39 PM

OrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
For question #11, What are the issues for this case conference? What are the important facts for this case conference?, I'm pretty sure it's fairly straightforward what to provide here. My only question being, should I reference anything that was discussed verbally during CC #1 and CC #2?
This is the main section of the case conference brief - like the facts in your Application or Answer.

Generally, state the issues in the case (whatever people have asked for in their pleadings) and if there is something particular for the conference (labour day access, back to school supplies, grandma's birthday) highlight it.

Quote:
What is your proposal to resolve these issues? and Do you want the court to make a temporary or final order at the case conference about any of these issues?
To me, it sounds like they are both essentially the same question.
Proposal to resolve issues is your offer to settle.

Orders at a case conference are effectively limited to discovery and consent. You may request an Order for questioning, or an order for disclosure of X, Y and Z, or an order for OCL appointment on consent, for example.