View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 02:25 PM

Rioe will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola1981 View Post
I understand your frustration. I have been surprised by his refusals but am trying to ensure I take the high ground on everything. My offers of mediation are genuine but also a record that I tried to be collaborative. All I know is that a court process is long and expensive. He knows this instability causes me stress and hopes that keeping this method up will cause me to cave to his demands (even though he refuses all my requests).
Make a reasonable offer to settle, then start the court process. You can't mediate with someone using that sort of tactic (denying access and not paying CS). However, make it clear that you are willing to negotiate through mediation, and that you will ask him to pay your court costs.

But you can't resort to that sort of unreasonable tactic yourself in response, or you'll look just as bad as him to a judge. Keep a journal of everything unreasonable he does, and get to court. You'll waste more money trying to make him be reasonable in mediation and conferences if you don't push for court right away. Call his bluff.