View Single Post
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-27-2017, 05:41 PM
mcdreamy's Avatar
mcdreamy mcdreamy is offline
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,410
mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

To my knowledge, there would be no benefit to either parent in paying tuition directly to the university, as at this point, unless agreed in advance, the adult child receives the education tax credit.

OP, your ex' request for payment of cs directly to the child would be rejected, unless there were unusual circumstances.

That said, my ex and I do pay cs directly to our adult child, but we have mutually agreed to do so. (also, her 3rd year U, so we trust she is now capable of not only managing her own budget, but also her future career path and debts incurred to obtain her masters). I likely would not have agreed in her 1st year, as it took her that time to 'adult' herself.
if you attack everyone involved, the common denominator is you. Attributed to OL
Reply With Quote