Thread: Uniform
View Single Post
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2017, 01:02 PM
Tayken's Avatar
Tayken Tayken is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6,486
Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadAndTired View Post
See? This is a ridiculous argument.
Yes. It in fact is. Fighting over pennies with pounds is always silly in family law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadAndTired View Post
In addition to the fact that your post talks about private school (high income families) Taken, your argument misses the point for me.
Most Catholic schools (which are part of a public system) have systems where people who truly cannot afford a uniform can get them. Parent counsel and other organizations at the school often raise uniforms for this. In addition, the affiliated Church often has a program.

The point I am making that school uniforms are not worth the fight. Find alternative means to get assistance rather than duking it out in a court battle where NO ONE WINS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadAndTired View Post
So, let's say for argument sake that uniforms are section 7.

Parent 1 says "Well, I am not paying."

Parent 2 says "But it is section 7"

Parent 1 says "No. Not paying."

Parent 2 receives $200 a month in CS.

Tayken says it isn't worth the fight. And he is right, Parent 2 couldn't afford the uniform, how could they afford a court case to take dick parent1 to court?
Correct. If the parent is truly in poverty and cannot afford the uniform then there are alternatives to assist with the problem as mentioned above. You often can buy second-hand uniforms as well at significantly reduced rates.

Also, the risk is high because a judge *may* evaluate your situation against the average income of the school. No doubt there are families making less than the two goofs in court fighting over hundreds of dollars who are making ends meet and paying for the uniforms.

The courts are not for wasting taxpayer dollars on petty disagreements is my point. So the simple answer is "no".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadAndTired View Post
It is the same for my current situation, dance is over $5,000. Ex says "nope. not paying". So I have to take him to court and pay a lawyer to collect what he should be paying?
Or the children don't participate in dance. Knowing your situation I do agree with you that the other parent is just being cheap. But, the courts don't like to meddle in the "cheapness" of parents. So, you are probably SoL. But, yes, in your situation the other parent is just being cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadAndTired View Post
No parent should bother to pay anything under your philosophy of it will cost more to collect. Why pay when there is no consequence?
What about the benefits to the kids by paying and sucking it up? If a child wants to participate in it and you can afford it without the other parent's assistance. Just do it for the benefit of the child. Not so you can "collect" from the other parent.

Majority of children do not participate in extracurricular activities like $5000 dance. Special kids with rich parent(s) do. Majority of society doesn't live in the 1% or doesn't share children with the 1%. So, don't try to relate every situation to the 1% problem you have. Your situation is very different than 99% of the people on this site. They don't share children with a cheap 1%er. They share children with the 99% than't are the "have nots".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadAndTired View Post
Further no parent should ever bother to go after any financial support as it costs too much to collect.
There is a cost benefit analysis that is in ratio to the house hold income. Some times, the conflict isn't worth the couple of hundred bucks depending on the house hold income. Too many people in family court spend 10's of thousands chasing conflict that boils down to 100's or even a couple of 1000's of dollars. All on the "principal" of it... Waste of resources and taxpayer moneys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadAndTired View Post
Perhaps the emphasis should be on concrete section 7 expenses so the parent1s of the world cannot create arbitrary situations and refuse to pay.
I do agree. There should be way better guidance on "what is" and "what is not" a "section 7 expense".

Good Luck!
Tayken
Reply With Quote