Thread: Uniform
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 07:09 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Also, I guess your lawyer isn't Andrew Feldstien:

Section 7 Expenses - Some are Just Not Worth the Fight

Quote:
This holds true with many other expenses; such as a child’s school uniform. It should be an incidental to the private school cost; however, it may be in lieu of other basic clothing that would fall under the child support. The dress shoes for the child, forming part of the uniform could also be worn for special occasions outside of school. Is this a section 7 expense? While my answer to the shoes would be a “no” in most cases, for a number of years I was contacted by one client who would indicate that his former spouse wanted his contribution to the shoes. Every year I say the same thing- the cost of a letter to the other lawyer would far exceed the cost of the shoes.
Andrew does a great job of explaining the complexities of the situation overall. I would recommend the OP to read this article and consider the actual Lawyer's advice. It is the more complex answer.

Good Luck!
Tayken