View Single Post
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-04-2017, 08:28 PM
OrleansLawyer OrleansLawyer is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,692
OrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the rough

To clarify, the one thing that I DO need to do though is to get the names on the original paperwork changed so that they are consistent with the marriage certificate. I was told by a lawyer that the fact that the original court filings have our middle initial and the fact that marriage certificate has the full middle name spelled out would prove problematic. I was actually told that as well by a court clerk that advised that the names should be identical.
This is problematic because the certificate for registration for divorce proceedings will need to be re-done. This has a filing cost of $10.

You should be able to submit a new RFDP with the names as set out in the marriage license, and put those names into the Divorce Order (25A). The proper clearance certificate (which is what is returned from RFDP check) and divorce Order is all that you need to be divorced and to remarry.

There are no outstanding issues at all with the original paperwork.
For clarity - the application was for simple divorce?
Reply With Quote