View Single Post
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-21-2017, 02:45 PM
HammerDad HammerDad is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 3,726
HammerDad will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by plainNamedDad44 View Post
Thanks HD, I think what I'll do is short motion to have my pleadings amended with pre and post judgement interest on equalized amounts. I will also seek retro CS on same motion.

I will make submissions that I had no idea that the process would take as long as it has and show that there has been a clear case of unjust enrichment.

Sound reasonable ?

as always thank you

Actually, I wouldn't include pre-judgment interest now that I think about it. Generally that is for monetary claims for matters like loans, mortgages. Equalization isn't a settled matter or known sum. But asking for post judgment interest would be fine. It may be that it will actually encourage the person who owes to actually pay.
Reply With Quote