View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 07:26 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete360 View Post
Thanks again Trinton, i have a feeling we'll become good buddies through this process lol.
Just wondering - is this "a fact" - legally? Or just your opinion? Seems you've gone through this same thing, so is this a result you got out of the court proceedings?

I found this exact thing all over the internet, but the ex is just refusing to allow anything outside of her own personal comfort zone and agenda.

One of the lawyers i have met with said i have enough evidence to go after her to cover all my legal costs - but i'm not sure what the likelihood of that actually happening is or he's just blowing smoke up my....
It is Case law. You could find it on canlii.org.

Quote:
[para10] In the Lewis case, I expressed my views as to the advantages of a joint custody order. One of the common complaints of the access parent in a sole custody regime is that the custodial parent will announce at the last minute that a particular access visit conflicts with other plans made for the child, such as a family visit or a sport activity, and unilaterally decide that the access parent must accept another time “to visit” under the threat of not seeing the child at all. Another is that the access parent will be told that if the childis not returned exactly on time after an access visit, future access will be “cut off”. The threat of being “cut off” access is occasionally leveled at the parent who may be late in making support payments. In such instance, access parents often feel frustrated in their attempt to develop a relationship with their own child. They regard themselves as strangers, on the outside looking in. Resentment may be directed at the courts whom they may feel are the accomplice of the custodial parent, telling them when and where they can see their own child. Often an access parent will give up in frustration, taking on a more limited role in the life of their child, with the resulting loss to the child of the opportunity of developing a relationship with that parent. It is perfectly understandable that a parent, who may have played an important role in the rearing of his or her child, will feel frustrated if the custodial parent is now dictating the terms of access under the constant threat of a contempt application if a term is breached.