View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 11:23 PM

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathatter89 View Post

1) How do you address the judge?
Say "your honour" and say it as if she/he was the most important person in your life and the person that may give you whatever you are asking for if they like who you are as a person and like how you threat them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathatter89 View Post
2) Any tips to the whole thing? I know that without my consent that nothing is binding with respect to negotiations, but quite frankly, open to suggestions/advice.

Thanks
I think LF32 covered it very well.

start off by, Good morning your honour, just for the record, it is mat hatter ,
m-a-t h-a-t-t-e-r (pause for clerks to jought it down), this is an application by myself to very the final order dated (state date). There has been some changes (state the changes that have taken place) and I am proposing this solution (state your solution).

If it is an application 'Good morning your honour, just for the record, it is mat hatter ,
m-a-t h-a-t-t-e-r (pause for clerks to jought it down), this is an application by myself for joint custody of _OUR_ children. As part of this request, I kindly request from this court that I be permitted to have access to_OUR_ CHILD on these dates, etc. I am prepared to pay child support based on guideline amounts.

DO NOT interrupt the other parent when they are talking (wait until they are done) and don't try to get into circles with the judge. If you and judge disagree on something then remember that your conference judge will _NOT_ be your trial judge - you will get a different judge. The communications are private. The conference judge can be a very important ally for you to help persuade the other parent to agree to your terms without you having to go to a trial. The conference judges opinion is just really an _opinion_.

Nothing can be made without your consent. If you have any concerns with anything that is proposed then wait your turn and kindly state your concerns.

so if you disagree with something you could say "Your hon our I appreciate that but after having given this some thought, that solution could not work for us due to (State reasons as to why). Your reasons must be valid.

If there is no agreements then "Your hounour, may I kindly suggest that we be given some time to think things over and possibly adjourn this matter back for a settlement conference in a couple months' time ?

Don't forget to confirm your attendance and serve the other party and file your confirmation. Also remember to serve and file your case conference breif and study it before your court date. Have a look over the other parents but don't get bothered by anything they say - they must prove them and they must be relevant valid arguments.

Be super polite. Be smart.

Last edited by trinton; 06-14-2017 at 11:35 PM.