View Single Post
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2017, 09:59 PM
mathatter89 mathatter89 is offline
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 46
mathatter89 is on a distinguished road
Default How to apply for substituted service from the courts?

It looks like my attempts to serve the respondent for a divorce application are failing due to active evasion from the respondent to the process server.

Please -let's not talk about all the various methods in which one can improve probability of serving successfully - working on this with professionals.


What do I need to do in order to ask a judge for substituted service? Do I go back to the courts and file a motion or something? Is there a form I fill out?

I'll have the multiple affidavit of services as well as the video recording from each attempt from the process server. I'm not sure

1) What do I have to do to apply for substituted service
2) What do I have to bring to court?
3) If there are forms to fill out ahead of time, what forms do I have to fill out?
4) Are there additional fees to do so?

Thanks all. You've all been fantastic.
Reply With Quote