View Single Post
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2017, 08:59 PM
mathatter89 mathatter89 is offline
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 46
mathatter89 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by trinton View Post
What exactly is your question? Are you asking whether anything additional is required from you if you use a process server to serve the other parent? Your process server will serve the other parent and file an affidavit of service. The affidavit of service will be sufficient enough for the courts to know that the other parent was served. You cannot serve an application yourself - it must be a 3rd party.

Don't advertise your court proceedings in the news or social media (especially Facebook) .
Sorry, I should have said:

Do I need to apply for substituted service from the courts in order to serve in this manner? Using a process server to serve her in person?

I know if I served her parents then I would need substituted service, but not sure if I need to do so with serving her in person.
Reply With Quote