View Single Post
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-16-2017, 06:52 PM
motherbear4 motherbear4 is online now
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 40
motherbear4 is on a distinguished road

My ex's niece was on welfare years ago. She was young, so no working father to claim benefits through. I am not sure if things have changed, but every month with her notice of payment, she would receive a health card for her child. This health card had to be presented at the time of purchase to receive the benefit. Receipts are not submitted to welfare and then reimbursed. So, my answer would be no, it does not work the same as two parents with insurance plans through their work because the benefit was "paid" immediately. I would guess that you can submit any receipts you may have without the hassle of involving your ex because of the birthday rule.
Reply With Quote