View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 01:58 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingDAD View Post
Normally I try to come up with some sort of epigraph (like "Legal AID give you wings" for example

In this one in my closing, I said that epigraph for this trial should be

"If one judge did not believe it does not mean another will not believe it.." what mom said during cross when I asked her if she tried to pull my English is not good card and multiple judges did not agree with that...
Which is the proverb:

'Tis a lesson you should heed:
Try, try, try again.
If at first you don't succeed,
Try, try, try again.
-- William Edward Hickson

To be frank, I have never seen a case where a litigant brings an expert and their own expert throws them under the bus, throws gasoline on them and then lights them on fire. Then offers the best thing to do to for their client is to check themselves into a residential treatment program.

Quote:
so there were some funny moments this time too.
To which I will modify the proverb:

'Tis a lesson you should heed:
Purge, purge, purge again.
If at first you don't succeed,
Barf, barf, barf again.
-- Tayken

Quote:
or when she was asked if she sees anything wrong in a situation when she claims that she supports her child and ask me to return toys from a kinder egg she gave him and she said No.
There were quite a few of them. But, the proverb is my fave...

Good Luck!
Tayken