View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 12:51 AM

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Welcome to the family law circus my friend. The judges are the monkeys and the lawyers are the zoo keepers. It's not really a circus, but the judges can be like clowns.

I completely hear you. One court date judge will be in a good mood and completely on your side, the next, in a bad mood, rolling her eyes and completely against you even though they know you are right, that they are wrong and are just ranting. That's when your lawyer set's the clowns heads straight. Don't forget 2 judges may rule one thing and a 3rd rule will rule completely opposite. Don't let the judges or your lawyer pressure you into what you think is wrong. You have a right to appeal.

As far as lawyers, I agree with Arabian, they are in it for the money and WILL extract as much money as they possibly can from the family. Lawyer's docket systems were invented to scam people IMO.

When you have a good lawyer however, it is worth it. It's nice to know things are getting accomplished. Don't be afraid to go to trial. At a trial, a complete through investigation takes place and the judge will need to give reasons for their decision. It's not like these discussion meetings where a judge just pulls something out of their ass based on 1 or 2 things said without having the complete picture.

If you don't trust your lawyer, then find a new one. But if you have already burned through 5 lawyers, good luck finding a new lawyer. Lawyers and judges have a tendency to quickly believe that YOU are the problem person if you had to go through so many lawyers. Most judges were lawyers themselves and will think you're just another difficult client. A difficult client is generally an excuse a lawyer uses to describe a client who they neglected, ripped off, or screwed over. Also when lawyers screw up, they will create problems and then turn it around against you and then label you as a problem client.

My last lawyer was "good" but my new lawyer is even better. My old lawyer tried to paint me off as a difficult and unreasonable lawyer but when I met my new lawyer, he told how unreasonable and difficult my old lawyer was. I agreed with him. He has an even better reputation with the courts and now it's so obvious what a crap shoot and how useless my old lawyer was. I got more done with my new lawyer in 6 month then I did with my last lawyer in over 2 YEARS ! Within 2 weeks of hiring my new lawyer we resolved the issue of Christmas schedule meanwhile my last lawyer was still running around trying to find her godamn sucks 2 YEARS later telling me to agree to not have our child for half of the Christmas and further to not have any access on Christmas eve.day or new years/day - fuking ridiculous !!. This is of course only 1 of many issues that my new lawyer has been able to resolve. My new lawyer simply knows how to get shit done. I really don't have anything good to say about my last lawyer. Most useless and biggest waste of money and excuse for an "experienced professional" that anyone could ever run across into - I honestly fell she didn't know her own head from her own ass sometimes.

Also switching lawyers just before a trial can't be anything beneficial. Trust your lawyer and don't be afraid to tell him what you want. if he doesn't listen to you or let you speak and is rude to you like my last lawyer was, fire him immediately. That being said, listen to what your lawyer has to say or tells you very carefully.

Last edited by trinton; 05-15-2017 at 01:23 AM.