View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 06:51 PM

SuzieSunshine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinton View Post
Very reasonable request. It's not uncommon for weekends to be extended to include PD days, etc. The kids were not in school when the order was made and PA days were obviously NOT taken into consideration as a result. If you guys had anticipated the children entering school, you guys would have set something for PD days. They are in school now and PD days are relevant, and you guys aren't able to come to an agreement, so then the court must decide. Especially if your agreement says you must be flexible and you are not being so.
True, but the kids were 2 months away from school. We both knew they were heading to school and we both knew he has to work Fridays. Now that it is after the fact he is saying opps, I forgot. Not only do I want PD Days (and every PD Day for that matter) I want every other Friday at 8:30 am, even the summers. If I could go back and ask for more in the Agreement then great! Let's change everything then.

In mediation I offered as a solution to share the PD Days. Since all PD Days land on weekends the kids are to be with him, I offered to share them 50/50. He declined my offer demanding 100% of PD Days.

Quote:
Reasonable. The one is school age now and the other is soon to be.
I agree a 2/2/3/3 schedule is reasonable but so is a 1/1/1/2 schedule. We live within walking distance of each other and the school. Many divorced people do a 1/1/1/2 schedule. The problem is I work until 8pm 2 nights a week (the nights the kids are with him). If we switch to a 2/2/3/3 schedule I would lose a night with the kids and my threshold would drop form 61% to 35%. That is his reason for the change.

Quote:
The children were in their tender years when the order was made, likely a relevant passage of time.
2 years later the children are still young. Judges will not grant 2 consecutive vacation weeks to kids under 7. However, I have agreed to consecutive weeks as long as they aren't over a weekend the kids are scheduled with me and he has rejected that offer. He wants any two weeks of his choice in the summer for an 18 day stretch and would not accept a 14 day stretch offer from myself.

Quote:
If the kids are in school, then they are not with the other parent. Kids are in school and the schedule needs to be tweaked, especially regarding PA days.
Yes that is true, but for calculating the 40% threshold you have to count school hours to determine which parent is responsible for the kids. He is trying to say that his time will increase because on Friday's he is now responsible for the kids during the 6 hours a day they are in school when I drop them off and pick them up 3 of the 5 school days.

Quote:
Is that what he says or is that what you are alleging ? The first one to bring up the whole "he just wants more time to reduce child support" or "she just wants to oppose this to maximize child support" is likely the one that is after the money.
This is what he says. He is a mathematician so numbers and equations are god to him. He struggles that the equation does not equal 50/50. Realistically I don't care what the equation is, if it is 41% fine, let's do offset and move on. What I care about is changing the girls schedule for no reason but to equal the equation by reducing time with me to increase time with him. Plus why fight over Friday when he gets every Monday, Tue and Wed during the day with the kids while I am at work? Instead he choses to book vacation days on Friday when I don't work and take time the girls have away from me.

Quote:
What is the exact wording of this flexible clause in your agreement?
The exact wording is I pickup the girls every day from school. On his days, if he gets off work earlier than 5pm he can notify me and I am to be flexible and work with him. I have done such every request and offered 4:30 or 4:00 pm or 3:30 pm pickups. He has refuted my flexibility for not doing exactly what he wants, 8 am pickups or school pickups at 2:30 pm.