Thread: My Background
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 01:49 PM

Soiled is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
In the scenario of her being deployed, would you both agree to her paying a non-table amount of cs? I ask because you said you dont want to take away from the kids future home but you also have costs.

I think a lot of people on here have feelings about certain aspects of cs, ss, divorce, custody and the like. Most (if not all) of their feelings are coloured by their own experience. The hard part is getting the whole picture from a few quick posts which are also coloured by a users perspective.

The fact that you were able to negotiate and end up in a favourable situation speaks volumes. Not many are as fortunate.
I think I need to expand on military lifestyle a bit further for my point of view to come across better. In any given year, you can expect to be away from home at a minimum 2-3 months. Exercises, training courses, deployments, all take you away for weeks or months at a time.

She's going to be away more than me this year. Next year, it could be a reversal of the roles. In the end over time it all evens out. Rather than shovelling money back and forth at each other, why not just realize that while I may spend $100 more this month due to her absence, in a few months I'll save that $100 in child related expenses when I'm gone for a month...