View Single Post
  #32 (permalink)  
Old 02-02-2017, 05:12 PM
stripes stripes is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,836
stripes is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sweetie79 View Post
Thank you Paris,
Yes you are correct, there is a previous order that dealt with custody and cs.
I filled for divorce yesterday. A court clerk explained to me how the process works. I have to serve the ex and swear an affidavit of service. 30 days after he is served if he doesn't respond/contest ( He won't), I have to file another batch of papers. Form 36 being one of them.

Question 11 of form 36 is as follow:

11 These are the arrangements that have been made for the support of the child(ren) of the marriage:
(a) The income of the party paying child support is $ I don't know per year.
(b) The number of children for whom support is supposed to be paid is (number) 3.
(c) The amount of support that should be paid according to the applicable table in the child support guidelines is $ I don't know as I don't receive any per month.
(d) The amount of child support actually being paid is $ none per month.(Including section 7

Now, I was told that because I have not been receiving cs, that the judge will not simply grant me the divorce. I apparently am going to have to go in front of a judge and will have to deal with cs all over again. I don't want to be stuck in court for 2-6 years to deal with cs again !!! He won't pay, I don't want to fight for it. I just want the divorce.

So what I really wanted to know is if this is true. Do I really have to go through all the bs about cs again? Will a judge deny or drag my divorce for years until cs or lack of payment gets dealt with?

Or do I just use the numbers $$$ from the original order to answer these questions ? Based on his income back then he was ordered to pay $610 of cs.
Use whatever numbers you've got. It doesn't make sense that you should have to stay married because your husband whom you haven't seen in years won't provide recent information. CS will be ordered, he won't pay, and you can decide whether you want to do something about that. But you will be divorced.
Reply With Quote