View Single Post
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 02-02-2017, 03:48 PM
Pursuinghappiness Pursuinghappiness is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,809
Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough
Default, you don't have to respond to stupidity. You have to understand that there is a group of very bitter men here who loathe women...especially ones who move on happily with their lives with good men.

Clearly your new husband has stepped into the role of fathering your children and thank goodness for him. I have a new husband who's had to make up for the deficiencies of their biological father...and such men deserve nothing but praise. And women who get out of bad relationships and do better for themselves and their kids the second time around deserve credit for getting wise and getting their lives together. You don't have to explain yourself or justify trying to do the right thing to anyone. Being a parent is a role...its one that you've fulfilled and unfortunately their other biological parent hasn't. When that happens, the best thing you can do for your child is find a better substitute that can help meet those needs...and that's what you've done.

Bottom line, you can definitely get divorced without the CS issue being solved. You're past the effective separation point and there's no reason why your divorce can't be finalized.

Go see a lawyer who can walk you through the required paperwork. Personally, I'd shop around and find the cheapest possible one because you have an easy file.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Last edited by Pursuinghappiness; 02-02-2017 at 04:01 PM.
Reply With Quote