View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 01:13 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

I think it would be highly inappropriate (and likely not permissible by presiding judge) to use a laptop to take notes. You have to be prepared to discuss your manner in a frank and open manner and "props" won't help you evade direct discussion or questioning. I visualize your face in the laptop, not making eye contact or, worse, you telling everyone to "hang on" while you slowly type things into your computer.... this just wouldn't be conducive to effective problem-solving.

I would think that trying to set a CC at the same time as a SC would mean they want to come to a resolution but failing that they want to proceed to discuss trial arrangements. In other words, they have concerns that it is you that would be the one to stall things and they want to move on (to trial if need be).

You could perhaps use your brief as an outline for specific topics you would like to focus on. Preparation of a simple outline of the major points in your brief would be helpful? I think it would be useful to remember that the judge will be conducting and directing the conference and you should be prepared (know your material).

Go with the attitude that you want to resolve issues and that you are reasonable.