View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 08:20 AM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Meanwhile, ex's argument was that he wanted to wait until the results of the psycho-educational assessment were in to decide whether to medicate or not
This is not unreasonable. Does he have Inattentive type or Hyperactive type?
A psycho-educational assessment will provide VERY important baseline data that will determine the correct regime to take.

We NEVER try a bunch of meds on kids before having one of these completed. It can really mess with their physiology and behaviors. Your ex is correct in this matter.

I've heard too many cases of Dr's slinging multiple meds on these young kids and the adverse effects have been heavily documented at the schools.

In my opinion, concerta is the best one to take because it lasts all day...no med administration at school.

Quote:
This is not at home - at home he is the same as ever. At school there is a change since being off the meds.
That's strange. Usually with ADHD the symptoms can be seen at home and at school. At school probably a bit more, but all parents I talk to see it at home as well (troubles with selective attention, etc).

Quote:
could I not counter that he is altering the course of action of the last 2 years and causing the "material change" himself?
Naaa, he just wants a professional report done to take the right course of action for his children.

It does indeed sound more and more like he has his material change though.