Thread: Hello
View Single Post
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-15-2017, 08:58 PM
Newfie76 Newfie76 is offline
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 54
Newfie76 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I assume he has equity (shared) in the home? No expert in this sort of separation, but could the following questions be asked of your lawyer?

1) His equity in home could be used as payment toward unpaid CS? If so and CS is more than remaining equity; you would have 100% of equity thus should have full title.

2) In family law is there an abandonment clause? Where he loses all access to assets and children due to walking away? I know abandonment would give you full custody.....but no idea on assets....I assume so. But a lawyer should be asked.

Your going to know where you stand when the bank comes around when mortgage renewal is required.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote