View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 07:50 PM

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripes View Post
It's not a matter of being "inflexible and fixated on money". I have served on the boards of non-profit child care, and it's very clear that what we offer parents is an available space, and they can use it how they choose - every day, only alternate Wednesdays, etc. Operating any other way would be nice but impossible. Think about it: if you have a summer cottage, do you pay the mortgage only during the months that you're staying there? No, because the cottage belongs to you all year round and you use it as you see fit. Same with daycare. Believe me, no one goes into child care to make money.

I'm glad you're a great loving parent. But you're also a harshly judgmental one. If my kid's father was available every day after school during my weeks and wanted to pick up Kid from child care until I was done work, I'd say sure. But that would be my choice, not my obligation.
Why only from day care and not from school? Why would you not want your childs other parent to pick the child up from school? Or for the child to have that experience? Are you sure youre not alienating the child by limiting the father to be an after daycare dad or for a better lack of term a mcdonalds dad?

It would be your choice. One that would be in your childs best interest. As a parent, you do have a moral obligation to ensure what's best fornyour child. That would certainly allow the father more time without taking any from you.

Come on now, whats the real reason you'd want the child to be in daycare after school when dad is available? Every damn day of the week? Do you enjoy creating unncessary costs to the family just because you have to pay a small portion of it?