View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 08:17 PM

stripes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinton View Post
You do realize that not everyone works full time and not everyone needs full time care right? I know tons of parents who put their kids in daycare only 2-3 days a week. I would not even agree to a daycare provider that is so inflexible and fixated on money. You can never trust strangers. Look here

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.thes...ndroid-samsung

If your childs father was available after school everyday, would you give him the opportunity to have that extra time with his child?

I have a very close and loving relationship with my child. Tons of trust between us and I have the patience and adequate parenting skills to take good care of her. Never have any problem getting her out the door on time for anything. Get as much ready the night before as possible and getup and give yourself time in the morning. I understand children can some times act out when caught in middle of access and daycare disoutes but if you have a good relationship with your child they will trust you and cooperate with you. Trust me, the mom and the daycare provider have tried cutting my access by calling CAS. CAS always closed their complaints and confirmed I was a great loving parent.
It's not a matter of being "inflexible and fixated on money". I have served on the boards of non-profit child care, and it's very clear that what we offer parents is an available space, and they can use it how they choose - every day, only alternate Wednesdays, etc. Operating any other way would be nice but impossible. Think about it: if you have a summer cottage, do you pay the mortgage only during the months that you're staying there? No, because the cottage belongs to you all year round and you use it as you see fit. Same with daycare. Believe me, no one goes into child care to make money.

I'm glad you're a great loving parent. But you're also a harshly judgmental one. If my kid's father was available every day after school during my weeks and wanted to pick up Kid from child care until I was done work, I'd say sure. But that would be my choice, not my obligation.