View Single Post
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2017, 07:28 PM
Janus's Avatar
Janus Janus is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,342
Janus will become famous soon enough

Correct. If you are using any type of offset, the separation agreement must clearly state the amount that both parents are paying.


"Mother will pay 70% of table support to father, which is $500, and the father will pay 70% of table support, which is $600. For convenience, the father will pay $100 per month of child support"

If you don't write it like this, the recipient of the offset (even if it is as low as $1) will receive all of the child benefits, which is thousands of dollars a year.

I have no idea why CRA does this. But they do.
Reply With Quote