Thread: No Details?
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2016, 04:06 PM

stripes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
I read the ensuing paragraphs, to ensure that I properly understood what was being said.

Of course the mother alleged that he said it. Do we believe the mother by default?

You used bold on the wrong part of the quote.

Making somebody work for the benefit of somebody else can't be good for the psyche.

Anyhow, I'm just amused at all these attempts to try to paint the father as a monster.

He didn't want to pay support!
He threw car keys into the snow!
He talked (maybe) about killing himself after losing custody of his kids!
He threw some food at a wall!

I don't know about you, but once people throw food, they are just a small step away from murder-suicide, right? Right? On at least two occasions my ex threw food at the wall, can I get sole custody?

He killed his kids, and normal people don't kill their own children. I don't think any amount of evil or cowardice gets you to that point. He had a mental illness, likely brought about or exacerbated through multiple adverse interactions with the family law institutions. Why is that such a bad thing to acknowledge?
Because you have no reason for thinking that's true, except for the desire to see everything through the prism of Bad Mom Screwing Over Dad Because Gender Bias. The interactions with family law institutions may have been entirely reasonable and proportionate to his behavior, and may have contributed nothing to his mental illness. But when you've got a hammer, everything looks like a nail.