View Single Post
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-30-2016, 05:14 PM
arabian's Avatar
arabian arabian is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Western Canada
Posts: 9,965
arabian will become famous soon enough

For a start:

1. prepare a spreadsheet outlining your income. In one column put income and the appropriate amount of CS in the next column and in the third column you itemize what you actually paid. A fourth column would show the overpayment or underpayment. Of course you should have documents to corroborate (back up) your spreadsheet.

2. You want to verify about how far back CS arrears is calculated. Some will argue that they only go back 3 years but in your instance I believe you want calculation to be from date of separation to show the amount you overpaid.

3. Do you have any documentation to prove what you and your ex agreed to at the time of separation?

Others on here will be able to offer advice on addressing the section 7. My point is that you should be well-prepared and organized. Did your ex exchange financials with you every year?
Reply With Quote