View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 03:22 PM

selfrep00 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janibel View Post
I felt the same way at the time - that's a bi-product of spending years walking on egg-shells, the constant intimidation takes it's tole on your self-esteem to a point where you fear trusting anyone, especially "the system".

You have to be consistent and determined enough to see it through. From now on, every time he harasses you or makes threats, call the police and insist on laying charges - no exceptions. How can you expect the law to take your claims seriously if you don't?

Document everything, avoid all communication with the EX unless through email and most importantly, obtain your restraining order ASAP. Get some free counseling for yourself, you don't have to go through this alone.

The worst thing that you can do is absolutely nothing.

P.s. I ended up in the ER thanks to my EX's anger issues - 18 months later, he received a criminal record and a 3 year restraining order (he still claims his innocence to this day, regardless of overwhelming facts.)

The courts did not fall for his charades.
Sorry to hear of what you went through, but glad you got out of that relationship.

I spoke to a victim support group that recommended I log a new case with the police to clear up the incorrect details of what was filed, and to then go to the courthouse for a restraining order or peace bond.