View Single Post
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2016, 05:41 PM
Janibel's Avatar
Janibel Janibel is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Way up North
Posts: 1,497
Janibel will become famous soon enough

After reading your post I would agree with you that your case is not extreme BUT it is important that you obtain a restraining order before it gets worse ... as others have stated above, this kind of behavior usually gets worse with time as the perpetrator feels "safe" in the knowledge that his/her bad behavior has no consequences.

Punching in walls, harassing you at work and especially expressing aggressive behavior in front of your children is unacceptable.

If the police won't help you either a lawyer or a domestic violence shelter will. Press charges and get ready to testify in criminal court.

This will take months and there will be times when you will want to recant your statement (this is probably why police don't pursue the issue as most victims back down).

You have to do this for the sake of your children and your own safety. Just remember that no document can keep you 100% safe. Hopefully your EX will get the message once you call him out officially.

Best of luck to you,
From one who's been there.
Reply With Quote