View Single Post
Old 12-24-2015, 03:23 PM

joehobo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links17 View Post
Consider if she wasn't banging somebody else she would have spent more time fighting you. I think having your ex find somebody else might be emotionally distressing to some but really if she wants free time to bang she is going to accept 50/50 and if she has financial support and a guy living with her there is more of an aspect of shame in receiving alimony (and of your girlfriend receiving it).

Merry Christmas enjoy everything you can enjoy while single.
We've not fought about anything, either during the marriage, or thru the divorce. We text a lot, and although its strictly about co-ording stuff with the kids, its not terse in any way. For Christmas gifts, we made sure we are giving each of the kids about the same amount of things, and exchanged purchases to make sure there was no one-upmanship.

Its very complex, she can be sweet and means well, especially with the children... but there is a layer of narcissism that is rooted in a lousy childhood. I should have given more credence to that. But I didn't see that at the time.
That all said, she accepted a fair and balanced distribution of our marital assets... and a fair proposal for CS+SS that will end. Including a clause that kills SS if she co-habs for more than 90 days.

IDK... maybe she's going to be smarter this time around and stay single for a while... or maybe she just needs a partner to "be whole", lacking any self-awareness to figure out how be happy on her own.

Me... I'm quite happy when I have my kids... and happy when I'm alone. I'd love to find a solid, open, honest relationship some day. But to quote that great Philosopher king George Bush: "Fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. Fool me... You can't get fooled again!" Round 3, I will be going in with my eyes wide open...

Merry Christmas to all!! And to all a good night!!