View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 10:03 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

My ex-wife is half my size...
She is a woman and I am a man....
I have heard too many tales of men reporting abuse only to be shutdown...

I have been a through a "fair" court system where my ex admitted in court to lies which wrongfully earned her advantages and judges refused to correct the error on the basis of flimsy excuses that even when I explain to lawyers they don't understand... I have been to appeal only to be told that even though the judge committed an error in law his judgement is still valid anyways...

I was kicked out of my house with 48 hours notice, for no other reason except my ex-wife asked and was forced to hand over 95% of my paycheque over a year and then 2/3 of my pay for another 2 years.

My ex-wife is still unemployed 3 years later (a 35yr old university graduate) and she is going to try increase spousal support...

So SoTs, that is the context of why I am curious to see what becomes of this so called "gender neutral zero tolerance domestic violence" stuff.
____

I spoke to my kids, they think i should report it too. They are very level-headed good kids, I am so proud of them and they know that her behaviour is out of bounds.

I told them I don't think anything would happen to their mom (I don't want her in jail or anything). I told them the cops will probably ask them for their version and they were ok with that.

I will call the cops tonight and see what they say.
_______

I am sort of wondering what the consequences are of this.

-Judge some how blames me for causing conflict and uses as an excuse not to grant shared custody in December.

-She later punishes or intimidates the kids for speaking against her.

-She gets a criminal record - can't get a job, and I have to pay her more...

Other twisted negative repercussions...

I have no shame or any other of these emotional issues associated with abuse though my ex tried her best to abuse me in and after my marriage, some people are just crazy and that's it. I recognized what she was doing and I put a swift end to it. It is really just the court system that completely blows me away... The legal system is the true abuser...

Last edited by Links17; 07-18-2015 at 10:07 PM.