View Single Post
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 04-15-2015, 06:58 PM
rockscan rockscan is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,004
rockscan will become famous soon enough

Most agreements state one parent can claim the cctb uctb or whatever the equivalent to spouse is. I dont think thats what hes talking about. What he is probably talking about is his share of the benefits for s7 expenses like daycare etc. hes supposed to pay the NET COST of the expense which is the total cost minus the taxable benefit split proportionate to income. So if daycare is $1000 and the tax benefit is $200 that means you split the $800 proportionate to income. If hes been paying the split on $1000, you have to pay him back his share of the $200 you get back in taxes.

At least thats how Im reading this. Others who get the child tax credit can answer that one.
Reply With Quote