View Single Post
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 05-20-2014, 11:53 AM
ottawa_divorce_dad ottawa_divorce_dad is offline
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 49
ottawa_divorce_dad is on a distinguished road

Why not do it this way ...

1. Identify what the balance of the RESP was at the time of separation / divorce - use these funds first - these would come out of your account i imagine with mom not contributing anything new at this point because your contributions include hers from before separation. If you wish to be absolutely accurate, you could also add to this value the growth in that balance after separation.

2. Once the pre-separation funds are exhausted, both mom and dad pay their proportional share from their respective accounts.
Reply With Quote