Thread: Step-Parents
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 12:22 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntroddenDad View Post
And I think you have to define abuse. Those fuzzy stats may or may not include verbal or emotional abuse, physical abuse or sexual abuse. I don't make light of abuse, I understand it exists, but I also know that stats are often misstated.
That is the difficulty with the term "abuse"...

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...ase-law-16809/

Quote:
[13] Allegations of abuse may be a symptom of the failure of a relationship. Blame is an inherent part of the allegation. Sometimes it is wholly warranted; other times it is not. When parties are not communicating, any slight or criticism is magnified. There is a tendency to minimize the other spouseís good qualities and maximize the bad. Warring spouses are rarely in a position to step back and evaluate the otherís behaviour with objective eyes. Nor are they able to critically assess their own behaviour...
Good Luck!
Tayken