View Single Post
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-20-2013, 09:25 AM
arabian's Avatar
arabian arabian is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Western Canada
Posts: 9,854
arabian will become famous soon enough

yes do change the locks. You might consider sending a brief note to your ex indicating the locks are now changed and that if she thinks she has left personal property at your home, in the future she write to you and you will ensure her property is set aside and given to her (or something to that effect). This is a reasonable and calm way to proceed. If you continue to be stressed out about this then simply go down to your local police station and have a chat with them. They will probably tell you that they can't go and arrest someone unless you actually see someone absconding with your belongings. It would be helpful to find out how the police think you should proceed.
Reply With Quote