View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 11:58 AM

baldclub is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
Improve an argument. Often "military" people coming to this forum with expectations that their service should give them special rights before the Superior Court of Justice. That their time spent, employment and signing of an employment contract with an employer should grant them "special consideration".
I can't specifically deal with how often 'military' people come to the forum with those special rights as you say, because such an investigation of facts is not very interesting to me. I would highly doubt such a position would be taken as it is contrary to the strong relationship we soldiers, airmen and airwomen, and sailors have with duty and service to our country/society.

Quote:
It is often hard to explain the need for "relevancy" on their argument before a civil court where both parties are equal in standing and a decision is made on a balance of probability and not whom employs them.
Yes, everyone is supposed to be equal in the eyes of the law, no doubt about that. However, as there are many, many factors that paint one case differently than another, and the law itself is vague or not specific in some respects ('the best interest of the child', spousal support). Cases need to be analysed on a case by case basis.

And what has been argued to you in this post is the fact that military families exist in a very different set of conditions compared to most of society. The point that was brought up was not that military personnel need laws twisted in their favour, but to answer your initial question earlier in your posts:

Quote:
The real hard question... moving parents never answer is why move? Why move if it is going to impact the child's access to you? Is *your life* that much more important than *your relationship* with the child?
The facts surrounding the uniqueness of military service was presented to you by the relevance of the study:

Family Resilience: An Annotated Bibliography ", which you can find http://cradpdf.drdc.gc.ca/PDFS/unc78/p530519.pdf