View Single Post
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2006, 05:52 PM
smadax smadax is offline
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 63
smadax is on a distinguished road
Default Other End of the Stick

I symapthize with your story and hope you can work it out. My DH and I have been forced to represent ourselves in court due to lack of finances, fighting a difficult legal system. It's hard because Judges do not like it when people are self-represented and we easily lost in the system.

Definitely keep a paper trail, accumulate evidence. I've been told that the only recourse was to either make a Motion for enforcement of an Order or contest Custody. I've seen cases where the Judge has changed custody because the primary caregiver was not acting in the best interest of the children, ie following the visitation/access agreements, making an effort to cooperate with the non-custodial parent....

ex parte to my knowledge is when a person files legal documents to request an order without having to serve the other person or have them attend the hearing.

Good luck!